Monday 16 August 2021

Welcome to Grade 3

 Another summer is almost over, and a new school year is about to begin this Thursday, August 19th! Please let me welcome all of the students and their families, whether new to DSKI or if you and your family have been a part of the school for as long as I've been here, or even longer as in the case of Sarang's family!

For anyone who doesn't know me, my name is Lance Brabant and I am originally from a small town in Eastern Ontario between Ottawa and Montreal. However this is my 21st year in Japan, so I'm almost more Japanese than Canadian at this point! I speak English, French and Japanese and somehow after 20+ years, my French is still probably stronger than my Japanese (I guess that shows how important it is to learn a language when you're young!)


see you in class

Well, that's enough about me!

For the start of the school year, please ensure that your child comes to school with the items listed in the Parents' Handbook that was sent earlier this month on August 2nd. Also, as many students may have the same items, please make sure their name is also on the items so that they can be returned to your child. For your convenience, here is the list:

1 pencil case
1 ruler
1 eraser
Writing pencils (no mechanical pencils)
1 set of coloured pencils
1 pencil sharpener
1 pair of scissors
1 set of coloured markers
1 glue stick
1 box of tissues
1 drink bottle (tea or water only)
Healthy snack

We have been busy preparing the classrooms and schedules for the new school year and I will share the updated class schedule and update the other links here on our class blog once they have been finalized in the coming days. 

Our weekly schedule at the moment is as follows:




Enjoy your last day of summer vacation! I am looking forward to seeing the students bright and early at our new start time, 8:30 this Thursday morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment