Sunday 6 October 2019

Oktoberfest Volunteers and Healthy Snack Reminder

Oktoberfest is this Saturday, October 12th and we are still looking for volunteers to sign up for shifts, particularly for helping out with the BBQ and food. If you haven't volunteered yet, then please do so here.

Healthy Snacks!

Recently it has been brought to my attention by the students that some of their classmates are not bringing healthy snacks. As I mentioned at parents' night, I don't want to be policing their snack time to make sure that they have healthy snacks, nor do I want to call out each individual every time it happens (the other students are always much more critical of each other's snack). As a parent myself I know that sometimes there's nothing "healthy" in the house and we just pick something quickly for the day, and I'm not worried if it is something that happens rarely. The same can be said for those who do add a little sweet treat, along with other healthy things, don't worry, I understand that balance is important, but for those who regularly pack something sweet and ONLY something sweet (or junky) please try to provide a healthier snack. Please remember, that the other students are keeping an eye on what their classmates are eating. Also on that note, students should not be sharing snacks with each other. We have a few students with allergies, so it is unsafe and also unfair for them if others are sharing or trading snacks.

Examples of unhealthy snacks: Candies, chocolate, potato chips, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment